Binge Eating Disorders
Causes of Binge eating Disorder:
1. Depression: Up to half of all people with binge eating disorder have a history of depression;
2. Dieting: Chronic dieting may lead to bad eating habits.
3. Coping skills: Many report that anger; sad ness, boredom, worry, or stress leads to trigger a binge episode.
4. Biological: Research indicates metabolism and hormones or enzymes may cause binge attack
1. Recurrent attacks of binge eating- eating in a short period of time a huge amount of food or a serving, which normally people will not consume.
2. Lack of control -Feeling that one does not have control over eating.
3. Distressed after binge attack.
4. Attacks of binge eating often occur twice at least every week.
5. Eats very rapidly while eating.
6. Eating alone is embarrassed of huge diet.
7. Feeling guilty after binge attack.
8. No compensatory behavior (such as vomiting, laxative abuse, or excessive exercise) after bingeing.
A person suffering from Binge Eating Disorder is at Health risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart attack, stroke, kidney disorder, and arthritis and bone deterioration.
1) Depression leading to self-harm or suicide.
2) Feeling of helplessness.
4) Guilt or shame
5) Feeling of alienation or loneliness
6) Absenteeism at work and school;
7) Preoccupation with appearance
8) Strain on relationships with family and friends
9) Low self esteem
10) Low energy
11) Avoidance of social gatherings
Treatment: Treatment options for binge eating disorder include Psychotherapy, Counseling, and Medicine.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
1) It involves changing responses to stressful situations, and learning to cope with situation rather than use food as a first resort.
2) Helps in changing self-perception about body shape and weight.
1. Focuses on improving relationships with family and friends
Anti-depressants: Drugs to help alleviate sadness and despair,
Self-help groups: People suffering from same problems come together and help to overcome the problem by sharing experiences.
Binge Eating Disorders
Eating Disorders in Children- A major Concern.
Eating disorders can have dire results for any individual. If a child suffers from eating disorders then it can ruin the entire life of the child. A child must follow proper eating habits and if he is found to have eating disorders then it must be...
Effects of Eating Disorders- Eating Disorders and its Impending dangers.
Eating Disorders have become a grave phenomenon in modern times. With the lifestyles changing drastically, eating disorders is a matter of serious concern. It can have life-threatening consequences on an individual's life. Eating Disorders: ...
Facts about eating disorder:
An eating disorder is a compulsion in which the main problem is a person eats in a way which disturbs their physical health. The eating may be too excessive (compulsive over-eating), too limited (restricting), may include normal eating punctuated...
Gymnastics eating disorders:
Eating disorders are found in all sports; sports that emphasize leanness for performance and appearance are at a significantly greater risk. Hence, gymnasts, long-distance runners, divers, and figure skaters are more prone to developing eating...
History of Eating Disorders -
An overview of Eating Disorder - What is it? A condition involving serious problem behaviors regarding food is called an 'Eating Disorder', leading to adoption of harmful food habits. It may be of any type - under-eating, over-eating,...
Laxitives Eating Disorders - Laxitive Lessoning
For a healthy life the basic thing that an individual must do is have a healthy lifestyle. It is imperative that individuals eat healthy, exercise regularly and follow a healthy routine in life. Eating habits are the key that determine the health of...
Male Eating Disorders -
Types of Eating Disorders - Usually men suffer from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa; however there are also cases of Binge Eating Disorder among men who describe themselves as compulsive eaters. Facts and Figures - In today's...
Types of Eating Disorders -
Basics of an Eating Disorder - Individuals suffering from an Eating Disorder adopt harmful eating habits which disturb their physical health. It is a syndrome, an illness, usually occurring in teenage girls and women, but can be found in men...
Oily Skin Treatment:
becoming too irritated or too dried during treatments Benzoyl Peroxide: It is commonly used to treat oily skin and acne. It acts in following ways: 1) It kills bacteria, which are the rot cause for the development of acne. Bacteria causes, the...
Treating oily skin:
Importance of skin: The skin is the major limb of our body and up till now most of us do not do an adequate amount of to keep up our skin's health. One of the functions of our skin is to get rid of a segment of the body's waste products all the...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|