Binge Eating Disorders
Causes of Binge eating Disorder:
1. Depression: Up to half of all people with binge eating disorder have a history of depression;
2. Dieting: Chronic dieting may lead to bad eating habits.
3. Coping skills: Many report that anger; sad ness, boredom, worry, or stress leads to trigger a binge episode.
4. Biological: Research indicates metabolism and hormones or enzymes may cause binge attack
1. Recurrent attacks of binge eating- eating in a short period of time a huge amount of food or a serving, which normally people will not consume.
2. Lack of control -Feeling that one does not have control over eating.
3. Distressed after binge attack.
4. Attacks of binge eating often occur twice at least every week.
5. Eats very rapidly while eating.
6. Eating alone is embarrassed of huge diet.
7. Feeling guilty after binge attack.
8. No compensatory behavior (such as vomiting, laxative abuse, or excessive exercise) after bingeing.
A person suffering from Binge Eating Disorder is at Health risk for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart attack, stroke, kidney disorder, and arthritis and bone deterioration.
1) Depression leading to self-harm or suicide.
2) Feeling of helplessness.
4) Guilt or shame
5) Feeling of alienation or loneliness
6) Absenteeism at work and school;
7) Preoccupation with appearance
8) Strain on relationships with family and friends
9) Low self esteem
10) Low energy
11) Avoidance of social gatherings
Treatment: Treatment options for binge eating disorder include Psychotherapy, Counseling, and Medicine.
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
1) It involves changing responses to stressful situations, and learning to cope with situation rather than use food as a first resort.
2) Helps in changing self-perception about body shape and weight.
1. Focuses on improving relationships with family and friends
Anti-depressants: Drugs to help alleviate sadness and despair,
Self-help groups: People suffering from same problems come together and help to overcome the problem by sharing experiences.
Athlete and Eating Disorder
ADHD Treatment: Treating the ADHD Troubles
One of the most important and probably the most difficult diseases to treat are diseases which affect the brain. Neurological diseases can be very tricky to cure. Thus treating ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorders can be a challenging...
Causes of Eating Disorders:
are psychological while some could be biological. An eating disorder is more often due to a conscious obsessiveness with food or against it. Biological and Psychological causes of eating disorders Biological factors like temperament, anxiety and...
Eating Disorders in elderly -
Overview Both Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa can occur in the elderly people. Most of the cases show a similarity in the features of the disorder suffered by the elderly and the young people. These features include clinical features,...
Eating Disorders- Its all about Healthy Eating!
A well balanced diet and good food habits is the secret of the well being of an individual. A healthy and happy life depends largely on what you eat and the food habits that you follow. However the modern lifestyle and brought with it some...
Male Eating Disorders -
Types of Eating Disorders - Usually men suffer from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa; however there are also cases of Binge Eating Disorder among men who describe themselves as compulsive eaters. Facts and Figures - In today's...
Societal pressures eating disorders
Man is a social animal. Every person has three facets to his perosna, one that he knows about himself, another is what others know about him, and the third is what he wants others to know about him. The last said, is the cause of all kinds societal...
Statistics on Eating Disorders
many people. Although exact figures may not be available for such findings, statistical records that are gradually gaining ground have pointed out the major factors that result in eating disorders across the world. Men with eating disorders ...
Teen Eating Disorders:
they subject themselves to torture by overeating or by not eating at all. With the aim of losing weight at all costs, teenagers cope with eating disorders even to the extent of starving themselves to death. Teen Eating Disorders - starvation ...
Oily Skin Treatment:
becoming too irritated or too dried during treatments Benzoyl Peroxide: It is commonly used to treat oily skin and acne. It acts in following ways: 1) It kills bacteria, which are the rot cause for the development of acne. Bacteria causes, the...
What Oily Skin Treatments are available?..... For a glowing and ravishing complexion
Over secretion of sebaceous glands are responsible for oily skin. This results in large pores, greasy appearance and pimples. There is no way to cure oily skin; you can take preventive measures to keep the oily skin in control. This skin type is...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|