Eating Disorders Treatment- Finding Ways of Healthy Eating!
Eating Disorder can have several aspects, wherein, an individual can show anorexic and bulimic tendencies, indulge in binge eating, suffer from problems like over-eating or purging after having meals, have problems consuming meals or such other related problems. Individuals can suffer from food-related phobias.
Treatment for Eating Disorders:
There can be several easy of treating eating disorders. The treatment mainly depends on the nature and degree of the disorder that an individual is suffering and can differ from person to person. Some of the ways of treatment are as follows:
1) If a person is suffering from anorexia which is mainly characterized by under-eating and very low calorie-intake, then the first step in its treatment is restoration of the weight that has been lost due to dieting and purging. The next step is treating psychological troubles like low self-esteem, distorted body images.
2) If a person is suffering from bulimia, then he must undergo a treatment wherein he must first be stopped from binge-eating and purging.
3) Individuals must first begin a nutritional and balanced diet.
4) They must be encouraged to indulge in optimum exercises and must refrain from over-exercising.
5) Individuals can also be given psychological treatments for changing their attitude towards eating and also treat anxiety or mood disorders. Individual psychotherapy or group psychotherapy uses a cognitive behaviour approach of treatment which can be very useful.
6) To treat bulimia medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) can prove to be useful for people.
7) Individuals must monitor their progress at regular time-intervals.
8) Counseling can also help a great deal in treating eating disorders.
Eating disorders need to be treated with a great amount of determination. The individuals must first learn to accept their illness and make positive moves in the right direction to overcome the illness.
Eating Disorders- Its all about Healthy Eating!
Binge Eating Disorders
People suffering from Binge Eating Disorder have a combination of symptom that is sufferer periodically goes on large binges, consuming an unusually large quantity of food in a short period of time (within 2 hours) eating until they are...
Causes of Eating Disorders:
are psychological while some could be biological. An eating disorder is more often due to a conscious obsessiveness with food or against it. Biological and Psychological causes of eating disorders Biological factors like temperament, anxiety and...
Celebrities with Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is not the bane of common people. It affects celebrities too. Recent surveys and reviews have celebrities talking about how once upon a time before they became celebrities, they faced eating disorders in their lives, and how they...
Eating Disorders in Children- A major Concern.
Eating disorders can have dire results for any individual. If a child suffers from eating disorders then it can ruin the entire life of the child. A child must follow proper eating habits and if he is found to have eating disorders then it must be...
Effects of Eating Disorders- Eating Disorders and its Impending dangers.
Eating Disorders have become a grave phenomenon in modern times. With the lifestyles changing drastically, eating disorders is a matter of serious concern. It can have life-threatening consequences on an individual's life. Eating Disorders: ...
Facts about eating disorder:
An eating disorder is a compulsion in which the main problem is a person eats in a way which disturbs their physical health. The eating may be too excessive (compulsive over-eating), too limited (restricting), may include normal eating punctuated...
Gymnastics eating disorders:
Eating disorders are found in all sports; sports that emphasize leanness for performance and appearance are at a significantly greater risk. Hence, gymnasts, long-distance runners, divers, and figure skaters are more prone to developing eating...
Help for Eating disorder:
Eating disorders hampers body's normal functioning causes long-term health problems. Eating disorders involve disturbances in eating, such as: 1) Not eating enough, starving or limiting calories to very low level. 2) Eating low Calorie food at...
History of Eating Disorders -
An overview of Eating Disorder - What is it? A condition involving serious problem behaviors regarding food is called an 'Eating Disorder', leading to adoption of harmful food habits. It may be of any type - under-eating, over-eating,...
Pro Eating Disorders -
What does it mean? The term stands for the concept of welcoming the very idea of suffering from an eating disorder. Of late, a trend of encouraging eating disorders among the population has started. People actually want to suffer from the...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|