Effects of Eating Disorders- Eating Disorders and its Impending dangers.
Eating Disorders are mainly new-age diseases. Some of the major characteristics of eating disorders is that individuals suffer from eating maladies like over-eating or under-eating, purging, binge-eating and other related problems. Individuals suffer from eating disorders not just physically but even psychologically.
Effects of Eating Disorders:
There are several eating disorders which have immense ill-effects on individuals. Some of the important effects are as follows:
1) Individuals suffering from eating disorders always feel unwell- physically and mentally.
2) Thus the quality of life too is severely affected.
3) Eating disorder can cause constipation.
4) Eating disorder can also cause infections.
5) Individuals also suffer from stomach ache due to eating disorder.
6) Low pulse and anemia are some of the other effects caused by it.
7) Eating disorders also lead to kidney damage.
8) It can cause cardiovascular disorders and also lead to shortage of skeletal calcium.
9) One of the major aspects of eating disorders is people often induce vomiting after meals. This can cause damage to teeth, shortage of minerals and enlarged salivary glands.
10) People use laxatives which cause obstacles in the normal functioning of stomach, stomach ulcers and heart rhythm problems.
11) It can cause permanent damage to the body as a result of strict diet and lack of essential calories and proteins.
12) Other very important effects of eating disorders are amenorrhea (interruption in menstrual cycle), red blood cell diminution, and osteoporosis: loss of bone density, muscular weakness, insomnia, hair loss, and body hair increase and skin dryness.
13) Obesity can increase the risk of diabetes, respiratory disorders, bilary calculosis, arterial hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, arthrosis of backbone and of lower limbs, nocturnal apnoea, drop in the level of hormones and even cancer.
However, apart from these effects there are other psychological effects of eating disorders. Also some of the effects can also be such that they are of a completely different nature and till now have not been seen or observed.
This shows that eating disorders can destroy the whole fabric of the life of an individual. It affects the well-being of the individual in a profound way. Thus individuals must follow a regular and a balanced and nutritious diet along with regular exercises.
ADHD Treatment: Treating the ADHD Troubles
Athlete and Eating Disorder
disorders continue to be on the rise among athletes, especially those involved in sports that place great emphasis on to be thin and lean. Sports such as gymnastics, figure skating, dancing and synchronized swimming have a higher percentage of...
Binge Eating Disorders
People suffering from Binge Eating Disorder have a combination of symptom that is sufferer periodically goes on large binges, consuming an unusually large quantity of food in a short period of time (within 2 hours) eating until they are...
Causes of Eating Disorders:
are psychological while some could be biological. An eating disorder is more often due to a conscious obsessiveness with food or against it. Biological and Psychological causes of eating disorders Biological factors like temperament, anxiety and...
Eating Disorders in elderly -
Overview Both Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia Nervosa can occur in the elderly people. Most of the cases show a similarity in the features of the disorder suffered by the elderly and the young people. These features include clinical features,...
Eating Disorders Treatment- Finding Ways of Healthy Eating!
A person can remain happy, contented and can lead a normal life only when his basic needs are satisfied. Food is, of course, a basic requirement. But when food itself becomes a problem factor for an individual then it can have adverse effects on the...
Gymnastics eating disorders:
Eating disorders are found in all sports; sports that emphasize leanness for performance and appearance are at a significantly greater risk. Hence, gymnasts, long-distance runners, divers, and figure skaters are more prone to developing eating...
Help for Eating disorder:
Eating disorders hampers body's normal functioning causes long-term health problems. Eating disorders involve disturbances in eating, such as: 1) Not eating enough, starving or limiting calories to very low level. 2) Eating low Calorie food at...
Societal pressures eating disorders
Man is a social animal. Every person has three facets to his perosna, one that he knows about himself, another is what others know about him, and the third is what he wants others to know about him. The last said, is the cause of all kinds societal...
Teen Eating Disorders:
they subject themselves to torture by overeating or by not eating at all. With the aim of losing weight at all costs, teenagers cope with eating disorders even to the extent of starving themselves to death. Teen Eating Disorders - starvation ...
What Oily Skin Treatments are available?..... For a glowing and ravishing complexion
Over secretion of sebaceous glands are responsible for oily skin. This results in large pores, greasy appearance and pimples. There is no way to cure oily skin; you can take preventive measures to keep the oily skin in control. This skin type is...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|