Effects of Eating Disorders- Eating Disorders and its Impending dangers.
Eating Disorders are mainly new-age diseases. Some of the major characteristics of eating disorders is that individuals suffer from eating maladies like over-eating or under-eating, purging, binge-eating and other related problems. Individuals suffer from eating disorders not just physically but even psychologically.
Effects of Eating Disorders:
There are several eating disorders which have immense ill-effects on individuals. Some of the important effects are as follows:
1) Individuals suffering from eating disorders always feel unwell- physically and mentally.
2) Thus the quality of life too is severely affected.
3) Eating disorder can cause constipation.
4) Eating disorder can also cause infections.
5) Individuals also suffer from stomach ache due to eating disorder.
6) Low pulse and anemia are some of the other effects caused by it.
7) Eating disorders also lead to kidney damage.
8) It can cause cardiovascular disorders and also lead to shortage of skeletal calcium.
9) One of the major aspects of eating disorders is people often induce vomiting after meals. This can cause damage to teeth, shortage of minerals and enlarged salivary glands.
10) People use laxatives which cause obstacles in the normal functioning of stomach, stomach ulcers and heart rhythm problems.
11) It can cause permanent damage to the body as a result of strict diet and lack of essential calories and proteins.
12) Other very important effects of eating disorders are amenorrhea (interruption in menstrual cycle), red blood cell diminution, and osteoporosis: loss of bone density, muscular weakness, insomnia, hair loss, and body hair increase and skin dryness.
13) Obesity can increase the risk of diabetes, respiratory disorders, bilary calculosis, arterial hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, arthrosis of backbone and of lower limbs, nocturnal apnoea, drop in the level of hormones and even cancer.
However, apart from these effects there are other psychological effects of eating disorders. Also some of the effects can also be such that they are of a completely different nature and till now have not been seen or observed.
This shows that eating disorders can destroy the whole fabric of the life of an individual. It affects the well-being of the individual in a profound way. Thus individuals must follow a regular and a balanced and nutritious diet along with regular exercises.
Bulimia eating disorders:
ADHD Treatment: Treating the ADHD Troubles
One of the most important and probably the most difficult diseases to treat are diseases which affect the brain. Neurological diseases can be very tricky to cure. Thus treating ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorders can be a challenging...
Causes of Eating Disorders:
are psychological while some could be biological. An eating disorder is more often due to a conscious obsessiveness with food or against it. Biological and Psychological causes of eating disorders Biological factors like temperament, anxiety and...
Eating disorders in ballet dancers:
many are aware of the lengths to which these dancers go to in order to keep themselves looking that way. Eating disorders and body weight: Ballet dancers are constant weight watchers. They can get quite panicky if they put on even a bit more...
Eating Disorders in Children- A major Concern.
Eating disorders can have dire results for any individual. If a child suffers from eating disorders then it can ruin the entire life of the child. A child must follow proper eating habits and if he is found to have eating disorders then it must be...
Facts about eating disorder:
An eating disorder is a compulsion in which the main problem is a person eats in a way which disturbs their physical health. The eating may be too excessive (compulsive over-eating), too limited (restricting), may include normal eating punctuated...
History of Eating Disorders -
An overview of Eating Disorder - What is it? A condition involving serious problem behaviors regarding food is called an 'Eating Disorder', leading to adoption of harmful food habits. It may be of any type - under-eating, over-eating,...
Pro Eating Disorders -
What does it mean? The term stands for the concept of welcoming the very idea of suffering from an eating disorder. Of late, a trend of encouraging eating disorders among the population has started. People actually want to suffer from the...
Societal pressures eating disorders
Man is a social animal. Every person has three facets to his perosna, one that he knows about himself, another is what others know about him, and the third is what he wants others to know about him. The last said, is the cause of all kinds societal...
Teen Eating Disorders:
they subject themselves to torture by overeating or by not eating at all. With the aim of losing weight at all costs, teenagers cope with eating disorders even to the extent of starving themselves to death. Teen Eating Disorders - starvation ...
Oily Skin Treatment:
becoming too irritated or too dried during treatments Benzoyl Peroxide: It is commonly used to treat oily skin and acne. It acts in following ways: 1) It kills bacteria, which are the rot cause for the development of acne. Bacteria causes, the...
|© Eating-Disorders.Tdrbizl.Com 2006|